March 20, 2013

“This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.”

More often than not, I wonder why I even bother making plans.  Whether my plans be after-work plans, workout plans, weekend plans, vacation plans, career plans, social plans, or romance plans, these plans of mine hardly ever come to fruition. 

I was reading this post from a few months back during my lunch break today.  Remember these great plans I had made??  Remember how none of them came to be??  I was going to change the world!!  Okay, maybe not the world but my life circumstances for sure.

Again, why do I even bother??

Then I remembered how many things have happened in spite of my plans.  A beginning to a career I love, dating an incredible man, deciding to marry that incredible man, finding a place to live, meeting some people who can help me get where I want to be in 15 or 20 years...the list goes on.  Seriously, God, the world, and life have been so good to me.

So now my question is why do I bother trying so hard to make my plans happen??  Clearly I can't predict the future.  I mean, if I could, I wouldn't try so hard to do things that weren't supposed to happen.  Talk about wasted energy.  And usually money too.

So here's to the next set of plans I know I'll make but that won't really happen.  And here's to knowing that whatever does happen will be so much better than what I had planned.

Cheers!!

*credit to T. Swift for the title quote

No comments: