
Last Friday on my way home from clinic, I was absolutely CRAVING mini corndogs (I don't know why, I don't even like real, full-size corndogs). The only place I know that make mini corndogs is Arctic Circle, but they cost $1.75 and you only get 5 or 6 tops--that's more than a quarter per dog. Ridiculous. I was quickly reminded that most grocery stores sell boxes upon boxes of frozen junk food to pop in the microwave and enjoy, and I was sure Smith's would carry the corndogs I was so craving. As I wandered the frozen food aisles for more than 20 minutes, I could not find the mini corndogs (I did, however, find a box of Cheddar Jack Cheez-Its for less than 2 dollars!). After purchasing the crackers and a Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie pint of ice cream, I meandered across the street to Harmon's (whose prices are so much more inflated than Smith's, might I add) to find to my delight that they carried mini corndogs, which I quickly purchased and drove home.
Five minutes later, I was seated in front of a re-run of Gilmore Girls enjoying eight steamy mini corndogs, fry sauce, and milk. It was the perfect ending to a hectic week and a great beginning to a wonderful weekend. I was also reminded of my glory days in Park Place (aka Pink Alcatraz) eating the same mini corndogs with the same fry sauce and milk while watching re-runs of Gilmore Girls.
Heaven on earth.
In fact, I think I want some mini corndogs as we speak. Adios.
No comments:
Post a Comment