I still can't title my posts, and it's really annoying. It's annoying enough to keep me from blogging as often as I usual do/would like to. Geez.
I'm in the middle of my first semester of my graduate program (how's that for embedding?) and it's cah-stinkin-razy! The reading is endless, the assignments (not listed in the syllabus, might I add) keep piling up, all of my pre-reqs to work in the clinic and/or be certified to actually be a graduate student keep getting mixed up into one hot mess (and turns out some of BYU's classes don't transfer to the U's graduate program so...here I come online classes), and to top it all off...I forgot to put on a regular bra today. Yes, I'm sporting a sports bra.
But through all of this chaos, I'm loving it. I finally get to put to use what I've been studying over the past four years...even if I'm not very good at remembering it. I'm meeting a lot of people my own age who are interested in the exact same things I'm interested in. My professors are very different from the BYU faculty, but only in the best ways. I'm starting to work with real people who have real speech or language problems and it feels great to see the sorts of progress they're making. I'm beginning to feel like a real adult with purpose and direction and use. I'm really starting to grow up...and, surprisingly, I love it.
I highly recommend it.
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you! Growing up and feeling needed and having purpose is fun! Those are all things i'm still trying to nail down in my life, but i'm glad you have them!
Post a Comment