

The night after Siri's wedding I flew out to New York to meet up with my parents for a few days. Even though I didn't get much sleep on the red-eye, as soon as I hit the ground I was runnin'! I ate lunch at my dad's office in Tribeca, met his "people",
took a few "tourist" pictures with the Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center, saw West Side Story, and ate at the most incredible restaurant: Duane Park! We even got free desserts out of it because the waiter loved us. Delish!
took a few "tourist" pictures with the Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center, saw West Side Story, and ate at the most incredible restaurant: Duane Park! We even got free desserts out of it because the waiter loved us. Delish! The next couple of days were full of more fabulous food and
tourist pictures. Breakfast at Norma's was FABULOUS as always and dinner at Broadway Joe's was yummy. I even got a picture with my favorite commandante waiter. We were also able to go to the temple and do baptisms, take pictures in Central Park, get a picture by the big "LOVE" thing, and go to Top of the Rock. Oh man, was I worn out!
tourist pictures. Breakfast at Norma's was FABULOUS as always and dinner at Broadway Joe's was yummy. I even got a picture with my favorite commandante waiter. We were also able to go to the temple and do baptisms, take pictures in Central Park, get a picture by the big "LOVE" thing, and go to Top of the Rock. Oh man, was I worn out!
Friday was a bit more relaxed, which is exactly what I needed. We moved to the Theater District in Midtown to a hotel with our favorite bellhops (they're very good...looking!). We took a stroll past the New York Public Library, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and I bought my first real Starbucks (Tall Double Chocolately Chip Frappuccino)! Delish!
As we were debating whether or not to wait in line for hours at the Museum of Modern Art, it started POURING so we quickly grabbed a cab and headed back to our hotel until dinner at Hard Rock Cafe (where I was able to get my favorite drink...Crushed Velvet Martini!)Saturday was a long day!
We walked to the Museum of Modern Art (in beautiful weather), back to our hotel (where we bought roasted almonds...yum!), packed, and met my friend Allie for lunch. (Allie and I thought it was pretty funny that we met up for lunch in Manhattan when we're both from So Jo.) I then bought another Starbucks (my fourth of the trip), some cupcakes from Crumbs, and Cosi for the plane ride home. A few hours later we boarded the plane in JFK and to my surprise I flew first-class!!! Free movies, free dinner, free candybars, free whatever I wanted! It was fabulous! 
We walked to the Museum of Modern Art (in beautiful weather), back to our hotel (where we bought roasted almonds...yum!), packed, and met my friend Allie for lunch. (Allie and I thought it was pretty funny that we met up for lunch in Manhattan when we're both from So Jo.) I then bought another Starbucks (my fourth of the trip), some cupcakes from Crumbs, and Cosi for the plane ride home. A few hours later we boarded the plane in JFK and to my surprise I flew first-class!!! Free movies, free dinner, free candybars, free whatever I wanted! It was fabulous! 

No comments:
Post a Comment